AHMC Seton Medical Center – First Floor
AHMC Seton Medical Center – Ground Floor
EXPERT HEART CARE AT AHMC SETON MEDICAL CENTER
DIAGNOSIS OF HEART CONDITIONS AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE
At AHMC Seton Medical Center, we offer complete and comprehensive diagnosis of heart conditions and vascular disease. We are known for our progressive and advanced diagnostic techniques and technologies.
At our center, you will find:
- Accurate, fast diagnosis
- Expertise and commitment to preventive care, resulting in only a fraction of our patients requiring surgery (10 to 15 percent)
- 3 catheterization labs that are among the best in the Bay Area
- Advanced diagnostic procedures in our electrophysiology, vascular and endovascular lab
Catheterization Lab for Heart Disease Diagnosis and Imaging
A catheterization lab (cath lab) is a specialized exam room that uses diagnostic and imaging technologies to see the inner working of the heart.
This can include:
- Arterial blockage
- Chambers of the heart
- Blood flow
Cardiac catheterization helps your doctor understand how well your heart works and if there are any problems or blockages. At Seton, we have 3 catheterization labs located on the ground floor.
Some of the testing offered in our cath labs includes:
- Angiography: A specialized X-ray that detects blockages in the arteries and veins
- Electrophysiology studies: Procedures that test the electrical activities of the heart and can help identify patients that are at potential risk of sudden death
- Echocardiography: A noninvasive test that uses sound waves to show the size and shape of the heart, how well the chambers and valves are working and how well blood is flowing to those areas
- Mapping: Technology that evaluates and detects blood clots in the arteries and veins
Advanced Diagnosis of Heart Conditions at Seton
We are constantly working to incorporate the latest diagnostic technologies. As a result, we can offer patients the most skilled and advanced diagnosis of heart conditions in the Bay Area. This includes everything from mapping and ablation technologies to diagnosis of abnormal electrical activities in the heart.
In addition to our 3 catheterization labs, we offer advanced diagnosis in our electrophysiology, vascular and endovascular laboratory:
- Fractional flow reserve: An advanced technique that can determine the maximum recommended blood flow through a diseased artery
- Optical coherence tomography: A technique that uses infrared light to evaluate coronary artery disease