AHMC Seton Medical Center – First Floor
AHMC Seton Medical Center – Ground Floor
EXPERT HEART TREATMENT AT SETON MEDICAL CENTER
Many people live with heart problems for years without realizing that the condition can be treated. At Seton, we work with you to diagnose and treat your heart condition or vascular disease. Our number 1 objective is to create a better quality of life for our cardiovascular patients.
Patients come to us from all over the Bay Area for our advanced treatment of cardiovascular disease.
Benefits of our care include:
- Emphasis on noninvasive or minimally invasive approach to heart treatments whenever possible
- Expert treatment of heart rhythm disorders (cardiac electrophysiology)
- Specialists in device implantation and cardiac ablation treatments
- Advanced ablation treatments that can cure certain types of heart conditions
- Catheterization labs that are among the best in the region
- Commitment to collaborative medicine, so our heart patients can benefit from expertise of many specialists
- Dedicated coronary care unit staffed by specially trained nurses who provide thorough, compassionate care to patient who have suffered a heart attack or had a recent heart procedure
Heart Treatment: Device Implantation
At Seton, we specialize in heart device implantation. Implantation devices can offer a better quality of life for heart patients suffering from a number of heart conditions, including heart failure and arrhythmia.
Implantation devices we offer include:
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD): Delivers therapeutic electric currents to correct heart arrhythmias
- Implantable loop monitor pacemaker: Records the electrical activities of the heart
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device: Detects and corrects irregular heartbeats
Catheter Ablation at Seton: A Cure for Heart Disease
Catheter ablation is one of the strengths of our cardiovascular treatment program at Seton. It is a unique part of electrophysiology that can treat heart arrhythmias.
- Uses radiofrequency waves to destroy damaged cardiac tissue
- Is a specialized treatment that can provide a cure, not just a treatment, for certain heart patients
- Offers patients a return to a normal quality of life
Many patients come to us for a specialized type of ablation technique called epicardial catheter ablation. This is an ablation treatment that concentrates on the outside of the heart muscle. We are one of the only hospitals in the area to offer this type of treatment.
Advanced Heart Treatment at Seton
The specialty training and expertise of our team of cardiac physiologists means we can offer our patients many advanced treatment options. We will work with you to tailor treatment to your needs.
Here are just some of the specialty techniques we offer at Seton:
- Transmyocardial laser revascularization (TMLR): This treatment provides pain relief to heart patients who are not good candidates for more traditional surgical methods. This procedure uses a laser to make small channels in the left ventricle of the heart, creating new pathways that bring more blood to the heart and improve heart health.
- Interventional cardiac oncology: This specialized treatment relies on the expertise and collaboration of cardiologists and oncologists (cancer specialists). If you are a cancer patient with a known heart condition, traditional cancer treatments can be stressful to your heart. Our interventional cardiac oncology team creates specialized treatment programs tailored to your unique needs.
- Heart surgery: At Seton, we first try to treat our patients using nonsurgical methods. But sometimes a surgical procedure offers you the best outcome. Our skilled team of heart surgeons is highly trained and can offer many surgical options for those patients that do require surgery. Some of the surgeries we offer include:
- Heart bypass surgeries
- Open heart surgery
- Heart valve surgeries
- Vascular reconstruction
- Infusion: We provide infusion therapies such as inotropic infusion for patients with congestive heart failure. Our nurses are specially trained to provide skilled infusion treatment while creating a comfortable environment for patients.