Open since 1987, the Seton Center for Advanced Wound Care is the most established and experienced wound care program in the Bay Area. Our interdisciplinary team of experts offers an aggressive and innovative treatment approach to heal complex wounds.
Some of the state of the art treatments we offer include:
- Skin substitutes
- Skin grafting
- Debridement, which is tissue removal to encourage healing
- Revascularization, a procedure that re-establishes blood flow
- Infection control
- Compression therapy
For more information about wound care, Ask the Expert.
Types of Wounds We Treat
We have expertise in treating of all kinds of wounds, including complex and rare conditions.
Some of the types of wounds that our expert staff can treat include:
- Pressure ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers/infections
- Venous ulcers
- Post-operative wound infections
- Traumatic wounds
- Bone infections
- Radiation wounds
- Bone implant infections
New Patients: What to Expect
Our program operates by appointment, and we are often able to schedule your initial visit within a week of your call. Please arrive 30 minutes before your appointment time to register and fill out paperwork. Bring a list of all your allergies and medications along with your insurance card.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Your first exam will include an in-depth assessment by a nurse and physician to understand your wound.
- This assessment may include blood work, imaging scans and vascular studies, which examine any damage to your veins and arteries.
- After your initial consult, we will design a specialized treatment plan to heal the wound as quickly as possible. You will most likely have weekly appointments with a physician, and a nurse case manager will help handle your care.
- New Patient Questionnaire
Please note: We accept most insurance plans, however some may require pre-authorization.